Monday, August 3, 2009

It was not meant to be, mak

i have been writing this ...so called my 1st novel for months....i even have the title for it already...."Katakan kasihku", ye la...love story. it kindda stuck there in that thumb drive. not moving anywhere. the plot and sub plots are there, the characters are there. the whole damn storyline is there. but whatever u call it, writer's block...whatever...the pages were not added. i dont have the feel to continue. keep on staring at the screen whenever i have that little urge left in me to continue the writing. i must complete this, i kept on telling myself, many, many times. but there i was staring at the screen...no additional words, no additional sentences that would eventually become my 1st best seller. maybe i will continue this tomorrow, i tell myself again and again...went on with my life, busy with work. fair share of good and bad stuff along the way...add colours to life, well u know the rest. the normal daily life.
today, the plot and subplots are no longer there, the characters are gone, those pages that i have written are all gone. erased accidently when prompted with virus attack on my thumb drive. bye-bye my 1st novel, bye-bye my 1st master piece.
was i upset? very much at the beginning. but i soon realised that i was not really happy with my own writing and that was the reason for delaying and writer's block. it was not meant to be. Maybe that was not my best writing. Allah SWT belum mengizinkannya lagi.
i know now that when i have that creative juice flowing, i must not allow anything to stop it from flowing...write it all down, quickly before it run dry.
need to get away for a few days, away from distractions and focus on my writing. when will that ever happen? my target, to have a book completed by year end...and later with a published title to my name, just like what arwah mak wanted me to be, a writer just like her and i will use her nick for my writings. her nick was, marinah...
InsyaAllah, mak....

6 comments:

Cik Ketumbar said...

cuba lagi..

anytime kalau idea tu datang walaupun sikit, just jot down somewhere and later baru construct and compile.

saya menunggu ....

Amoiglam said...

Thanks so much cik ketum. tgh terhegeh2. slowly but surely.

Anonymous said...

Oh, really thnx.


Get More Details

Anakmami said...

bagi ajer kat we all baca dulu draft dia... we can contribute imput :)

mylife said...

ttiba rasa sedih je baca this piece... tsk tsk tsk


p/s i oso wanna be the proof reader... pweety pweaasseee

mylife said...

nak tambah lagi... tak rugi woo bagi kitaorg baca... as kak yusnie said, kita leh contribute input...

us = drama... true? no? heheheheh