Friday, December 25, 2009

English 101

"My mother, where is your daughter, my mother?", my youngest child asked.

"Which daughter, my son?", I answered his question with another question

"My sister, Marsya", my son answered.

"Oh, your sister Marsya who is also my daughter is upstairs, sleeping", was my reply.

That was the conversation piece between me and Arif using the English language. He picked up English from his many hours watching TV....The Disney Channel, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon.

Another recent conversation between Arif and I....

"My mother..."

"yes...my son"

"I miss your husband".....(my hb was away in KK for a few days)...

"My husband will be home tomorrow"....

"Oh ok....."

6 comments:

Amy_Hana said...

that was funny, my aunty.

that my mother's nephew is getting cheekier each day

Amoiglam said...

yes my niece, i agree

doodlemom said...

my uncle's youngest son must have learned a lot from telly...that my cousin's mother seems to be left dumbfounded !!

Amoiglam said...

dumbfounded indeed...

Loyer Lelaki said...

wa..your husband son is very intelligent.

Anakmami said...

yo my friend, lucky you the channel teach him good hehe Mama kan hebat!!!! :P