Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Kak Chik

Below is a poem by my second sister. I called her Kak Chik. Kak Chik passed away peacefully on 8 July 1976 in a car accident. I lost my parents in the same accident...Al Fatihah...
I found her note book years back and it is still in my possession. Honestly, sepanjang hayat arwah, I don't know her that well. I was still budak-budak lagi masa tu, main dengan kawan-kawan lebih penting. What I can remember about her is that, dia ni garang, full of anger (don't know for what reason), popular, ramai kawan, head girl, played hockey for her school. She was very good at decorating the house. kalau rumah bersepah, dia akan naik tocang, scream at you to tidy up the place or she would throw all your things dalam tong sampah or buang terus bawah bukit (Masa kecik dulu, rumah kami di atas bukit, or macam busut je sekarang ni. Bukit dah mendap). Well, kalau dia good mood, she will tidy up the house. Kalau dia dalam mood nak kemas rumah, adik-adik jangan kacau, siap le...ada yang kena nanti. She has this strong oriental features. One of my daughters looks like her. When my second daughter was born, I was so moved with her features, oh....how she looks so much like Kak Chik.

The poem below was written by Kak Chik probably when she was getting ready to leave home to further her studies in ITM (now UiTM), dedidated to all her close friends. I don't know what actually happenend between them tapi bunyi macam serius yang teramat.

My Greatest Mistake
I've broke my promise
I've hurt my very best friend
I've dropped an adorable man's pride
I've been egoistic to those I'm known to
I've done something without twice in thinking
I've been a child all these while
Though I know I'm a matured woman
And still I acted so & so
Just don't know for what reason
It came naturally
I'be been praising my ownself, butI've also degraded my ownself
What had I being up to of course.....no reason, I guess
Those were my mistakes
Being involved in it was sure heart-killing!
Never mind, what is done cannot be undone...
Just treat it as a guide for future trials

2 comments:

Anakmami said...

Kadang kala Allah jadikan pengalaman sesorang yang dekat dengan kita sebagai panduan kepada kita. Semoga roh mereka yang tersayang bersemadi dengan aman dan dicucuri rahmat hendaknya...

Cik Ketumbar said...

Bila, aku sudah tiada
Simpan semua lagu ku
Jangan di tangis selalu

Mungkin, itu sementara
Bila jumpa pengganti ku
jangan di lupakan aku

Pagi itu indah seperti biasa
Tidur yang lena terhenti di sana
Layap kuyu masih tak terdaya
Bukalah tingkap mu
Curahkan cahaya…

Siapa yang sangka
Bila tiba masa kita
Untuk pergi selamanya

Takkan terduga
Jika saat ni
Tuhan tentukan
Aku lah orangnya

Gelak tawa tangisan yang hiba
Kenangan kita masa di dunia
Alangkah indahnya jika
Kita mampu hidup selamanya…