Saturday, October 13, 2012

the discomforts of popularity

life is rather routine these days. it has been a while since the last entry. not the likes of some bloggers who has daily entries. i write when i feel like it. when i feel i need to share to ease this 'weight' im carrying. the only way to ease it is to write about it. hopefully i will soon be able to forget about it and move on. this is my therapy. so far, i have been able to manage life's challenges. accepting it as it may. i know all will be ok coz i can still breathe, sleep and control my diet. if im losing sleep n my appetite is going sky high coz i eat more when im upset while breathing is a chore, then im in trouble.

work has been great. im blessed with a great team and wonderful friends at work. but then, we might think all are rosy cos that's what our friends are telling us. but we soon realise that there are unhappy people and bitter voices murmuring behind us. it seems that we have not been doing it right. we fail to see from another perspective. we are blinded with, perhaps our own set of standards and we expect others to follow that. we are so adamant that our way is the only way n those bitter voices also say the same. so, where is the meeting point? unlikely to meet at any meeting points when egos are high on the list.

i avoid confrontations cos i hate the 'after' feeling. i hate going through the confrontation scene over n over again in my mind and feeling that anger again n again. i had my fair share of such 'scenes', but nothing good came out of it. just more discomforts, more hatred and jealousy. i know this is better for me when i stay calm and move on with my life. my friends said that i let others walk all over me. well...let them cos what is important to me is that whatever i do, is with sincerity. if there's no sincerity, i will not do it. i cant control what others think of me but i can surely control what i feel and how i lead my life. if they have negative thoughts of me and of what i do, that is their problem. hey, cant help it when im popular n i know popularity has a price tag. my doa to these people, 'may they have a wonderful and happy life...'

No comments: